Sunday, August 9, 2015

Rejuvenation Water


No, it isn't wine, it's berry flavored rejuvenation water. Sure it's a trend, but flavored rejuvenation water is one trend I love. Combine flavors-cucumber, mint, lemon, lime, orange, basil or berry--of stick with a single flavor.  The combinations are endless and you can find many of them in your own garden.

Even if you never make anything and can't cook worth a lick, you can make flavored waters. If you let the water sit for a few hours, the flavor intensifies.  Hotels put it out for arriving guests.  You can make you own patio feel like a spa with flavored waters.  Well, almost.


When I visited the Hillsdale Farmers Market in Oregon a few weeks ago, I bought a flavored vinegar, made to add to water.

I also got a number of cucumbers to make cucumber water.


Berries often get the smoothie treatment, but these too, make great flavored water.


And who doesn't love orange?


Summer is filled with possibilities.  


Choose your favorites, then combine them.


If you need more ideas, check out these recipes from Reader's Digest and Song of Style.  And here are a few ideas I came up with:

Lemon-Basil-Strawberry
Cucumber-Lemon-Mint
Raspberry-Orange-Basil
Watermelon-Mint-Lime
Lemon-Lime-Mint
Cantaloupe-Basil-Lemon

Somebody isn't as excited about Cucumber-Lemon water as I am.
More for me, this time.


Next time you see a flavored water menu board, take a picture.  Then go home and try making the recipes yourself.





2 comments:

Miz Helen said...

Hi Debra and Finn,
This is a great post with wonderful recipes for refreshing waters in this very hot weather we are having. I know that Finn always has lots of good water to drink just like Max. Hope you are having a great day and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen

Joan said...

What a fun idea! It goes way past my lemon or cucumber waters...I'll try more combinations!